Whole house "battery" wiring/power...

Page 8 of 8

A more practical solution would be special J boxes that have the transformers in them and are sensitive to loads being plugged/ unplugged and cut off power to the primary when not in use. Everyone hates wall warts, they draw a little current even when not in use. Your electrician would then install these low voltage outlets easily throughout the house. The important thing is that they be able to detect "no load" and cut off the primary, and sense an item being plugged in or turned on and re-connect the transformer primary. Your whole house DC distribution idea would not be able to do this because it has to be "ready" globally with no local outlet control sensors.
windcrest wrote:

There is no reason that could not be designed into wall-warts. I've never measured the quiescent primary current draw of old style wall-warts verses the newer tiny switcher wall-warts, I'm sure someone has done so. I think your idea is great for office cubicles because it could be built in during manufacturing and would help lead to a less cluttered work space, at least for some people.
TDD

LIKE THE MAJORITY OF THE TROLLS THAT RESPOND TO THIS THIS IS THE MOST IDIOTIC IDEA POSTED THESE PAST FEW WEEKS
LET IT GO !
I AM PROTEUS

This could have been a very interesting thread if it were not for the few insecure nerds/geeks who think they have to prove something about their engineering prowess, and just wind up looking like a person with drastic insecurity issues.
I did however offer a marketable solution to your proposal, if you can find it somewhere in this mess.
Few others of these supposedly "illustrious" engineers actually offered anything worthwhile from what I can see.
Too bad.
THIS POST IS TOTAL TROLL BAIT
ANY FOOL REPOSPONDNNG TO AS ARCHIMEDES IS PATHEITC
BUT THE TRUE ID OF THE FOOL WILL BE DIVULGED ON THE NET AND THIS GROUP AND HE WILL PAY FOR ALL THOSE HE HAS DAMAGED EITH HIS DEFAMING COMMENTARIES AND FLAMING REMARKS ABOUT OTHERS
THOUGH YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A COWARD YOU WILL HAVE TO FACE THE PIPER AND PAY FOR YOUR MISDDEDS AND ALL THE LOSE AND SHAME YOU'VE CAUSED MEMBERS OF THE GROUP
YOU ARE A PICE OF HUMAN FILTH
YOUR SELF AGRANDIZING WEBPAGES WILL CRASH AND BURN DOWN ON YOU FOOL
WE ARE WATCHING YOU AND YOUR LONG TIME EVIL GAMES
YOU WILL BE BESTED BY ME EVERYTIME TROLL THERE IS NOTHING YOU CABN DO AND I WILL SEE TO IT THAT YOU SUFFER THE CONSECUENCES OF YOUR FOOLISH AND HURTFUL GAME
I AM PROTEUS