Whole house "battery" wiring/power...

Page 5 of 8

On Fri, 9 Oct 2009 14:33:42 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

I want a citation that switchers are commonly running at and above 1MHz.
NONE of ours did.
Archimedes' Lever wrote:

I've never seen a switching power supply that ran at 1Mhz.
TDD
On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 13:30:57 -0500, The Daring Dufas

They're really not uncommon today. LTC has a pile of 'em. Hint: ignore DimBulb. You won't learn anything from him. He's AlwaysWrong and dumber than even you are.
krw wrote:

My statement still stands. I've never seen a switching regulator that ran at 1Mhz. Just because the chip is capable of 1Mhz does not mean that that is the switching speed of the regulator. Most of the design engineers I'm familiar with tend to be conservative. Your opinion is not that important. Opinions are like tailpipes, everyone has one, except for those like you who have theirs transposed with their induction system. FLNF
TDD
On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 18:04:29 -0500, The Daring Dufas

Idiot. That is the switching speed of the regulator.

They don't have a choice, darling dufus. The regulator switches at 2.25MHz, whether they're conservative or commie.

My opinion may not be important to you, but my facts are at least facts. I do this stuff for a living, you? Clean septic systems? ...with a mop?
krw wrote:

Oh my God, a professional actinic sphincter. FLNF
TDD
On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 19:52:36 -0500, The Daring Dufas

What you have your mop out? Looking for work?
I was wrong, you and DimBulb are made for each other.
krw wrote:

Kid, I can guarantee that if you and I entered the same industrial site, I would be able to handle more of the systems than you could. Don't get too arrogant, unless you're Superman. FLNF
TDD
On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 20:56:24 -0500, The Daring Dufas

See, you're always as wrong as AlwaysWrong.

Ohh, you must swing a mean mop.

Don't worry. I don't want your job, dummy.
krw wrote:

Sorry Superman, you couldn't handle it. FLNF
TDD
On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 13:34:45 -0500, The Daring Dufas

I already told you ,Darling Dufus, I don't do mops or work inside septic tanks. In particular, I don't want your job where they go together.
krw wrote:

How nice for you, neither do I. Try harder.
TDD
On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 15:51:11 -0500, The Daring Dufas

But you have no choice. I understand; it's difficult for the mentally infirm to find employment.
krw wrote:

So what does FLNF stand for? Google was clueless.
-- aem sends, slightly curious....

Finger Lakes National Forrest? Who knows with the Darling Dufus.
aemeijers wrote:

Funny Little Nose Fart, it's the sound you make when you laugh with your mouth closed. Then there is FLNFWSp, which is Funny Little Nose Fart With Spray. It happens when you see an intellectual post from krw and you have a mouthful of your preferred beverage.
TDD
krw wrote:

It's a shame you're in such bad shape. I'm sure there are some county or faith based organizations that could help you. Folks in your condition deserve at the very least a chance and a hand up.
TDD

While I don't condone is attitude, he is absolutely correct. MHz switchers are common, have been in the field for years, and by the demands for miniaturization are getting more common all the time. If you don't believe me, pop open your PC, cell phone, PDA, etc and put a scope on one of the DC-DC converters. Also with many of these chips, the switching frequency is fixed and is not something the engineer has a choice of. The duty cycle varies to regulate the output.
This is not something you'll find in the line operated power supply, but applications like CPU core voltage which may have to supply less than 2V at 50-80+ Amps (no, that's not a typo) from a 12V source where board space is a valuable commodity, or applications needing extreme miniaturization demand this sort of thing.
James Sweet wrote:

Thanks, I just looked at the products available from:
http://www.maxim-ic.com /
I've used their other products for years but I was not aware of their switching regulator chips. The original discussion concerned "SIMPLE" DC power supplies and some jerk chimed in calling everyone stupid, etc. My experience has been with the switching power supplies in computers and test gear which is what I thought the discussion was about. I've never seen one of those running at 1Mhz or more. A tiny regulator on a card or motherboard running at 1Mhz or more is something new to me. Heck, I learn something new everyday.
TDD
On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 20:51:14 -0500, The Daring Dufas

Only because you (and DimBulb) *ARE* stupid, stupid.
BTW stupid, you don't get much simpler than a (part of a) chip, inductor, capacitor, and two resistors.

Stupid, Sweet just said they're used in the core supplies of PCs. Though I suppose actually reading what people write is a bit beyond you.

Engage brain before mouth, stupid.