Who remember's the front door in Family Affair?

I just recently purchased a mid-century modern built in 1966. I desperately want to install a door knob in the center of door. This would require a throw bolt of about 16 to 18 inches.
I've Googled the web and the newsgroups and all I can find are centre door pulls from the UK and they are merely decorative.
Does anyone know what these centered door knobs were called? Even better, does anyone know where I can find one? (ebay is a bust at the moment)
Blowfly wrote:

The long link used to provde extended backset is called an extension link. The most commonly seen size is 5". Although I have never done it, I think you can put multiple extension links in series to get the backset you need.
On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 14:10:34 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@damn.biz (Blowfly) wrote:

A Sebastian Cabot Bolt?
I would start with a Google search for "antique door knobs" probable take awhile to sift through all the hits but it might be worth a try.
(Blowfly) wrote:

throw
does
A Sebastian Cabot Bolt?