Who owns the rain?

You want me to explain why I disagree with myself?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

y u should be aborted or not.

Reply to
Bill

Come back when you're not illiterate.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

ladies 1st

Reply to
Bill

There's a small town just north of me where it is illegal to sing "It aint gonna rain no mo, no mo,..."

Reply to
Phisherman

I agree that "noble cause" or the "white man's burden" is sometimes hard to justify.

But as for soldiers dying, don't give it a thought.

Our soldiers volunteered, knowing the risk of death or injury, for the chance to kill people and blow things up. Seeking that thrill is no different from other frightful hobbies: mountain climbing, sky-diving, tightrope walking, or adultry.

Our warrior class needs a war every decade or so, not only to keep the tip of the spear sharp, but to garner new recruits. Who would ever want to be a fireman if there were never any fires?

No, our warriors want to be there, they trained to be there, they need to be there. And they're willing to take casualties for the privilege.

I know what it was like - I was once an active warrior. I'll forever praise Lyndon Johnson for giving me an opportunity and I'll be the last to deny our current crop of yougsters their dream.

Reply to
HeyBub

Wouldn't it be cheaper to use a pipe?

Reply to
HeyBub

IF TENNESSEE WOULD LET THEM. ACCORDING TO THE CHARTER THAT STARTED GEORGIA THE N LINE INCLUDES SOME PART OF THE TENNESSEE RIVER.

Bill

I've got to hand it to you - you've got the idiot routine down to a science.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I followed some of the news. FL and GA were on fire!! This is about the same time GA argued about moving the border with TN.

CA has drought now, even with NV water. CA refuses to build desalinization plants.

Don't get me started about how the Corps of Engineers participated in the destruction of the Everglades.

Reply to
Oren

It's for the children.

Reply to
Oren

to where it is supposed to be.

That is dumb.

saw that on PBS

Reply to
Bill

"Sanity" wrote in news:0e0Il.32331$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews8.bellsouth.net:

There's a lot of Apache and Blackhawks that fly over my land. If one falls, I wonder if I can keep it, :-)

Reply to
Red Green

If it actually falls out of the sky, you probably wouldn't want it.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

takes one to know one.

Reply to
Bill

Hmmmm now that was an interesting comeback.

Reply to
evodawg

He was on a roll. Then his parents made him go to bed.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I think you're right. I haven't heard such brilliant repartee since...since...oh, about the 3rd grade IIANM.

Harry K

Reply to
harry k

I think you're right. I haven't heard such brilliant repartee since...since...oh, about the 3rd grade IIANM.

Next: cooties

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

and it all started with you calling Heybub an idiot. whatta brainstorm that wuz, eh? Hope you didn't hurt yourself with that 'gem'.

Reply to
Bill