Who owns the rain?

Page 1 of 2
"By capturing rainwater, some homeowners are breaking the law. This has put city and state governments in an awkward position-smack in the middle of competing water users and advocates, often from within their own agencies, of conserving water to protect supplies."
http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/earth/4314447.html
Some say rainwater should follow its natural course instead of being diverted by homeowners so that the homeowner's betters can allocate the water based on need - or political pressure - to those more, um, worthy of wetting.
It's for the children.

If the government says that I can't keep the water that falls on my land, let the government keep the water from falling on it!!!!!
Sanity wrote:

when it rained, the excavation was filled with water. The Feds stepped in and forbade the construction firm from pumping out the water because it had now become a wetland and had to be protected. I may have to look it up on Snopes but that's about how I remember the news story. People with lots of guns can do all sorts of asinine things to you.
TDD
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Graffiti on a college restroom wall:
"If you're a history major, this is the only job you'll ever have."
On the other hand, George Bush has a degree from Yale. In history.

No, he doesn't really. If he did, he would not have repeated it.
Onward:
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c197/ancientangler/Dilbert-FixMyComputer_01.gif?t 40516583

In extreme detail, tell me why you disagree with my comments. Try not to be hysterical when you explain why you disagree.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

You want me to explain why I disagree with myself?
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Come back when you're not illiterate.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

I agree that "noble cause" or the "white man's burden" is sometimes hard to justify.
But as for soldiers dying, don't give it a thought.
Our soldiers volunteered, knowing the risk of death or injury, for the chance to kill people and blow things up. Seeking that thrill is no different from other frightful hobbies: mountain climbing, sky-diving, tightrope walking, or adultry.
Our warrior class needs a war every decade or so, not only to keep the tip of the spear sharp, but to garner new recruits. Who would ever want to be a fireman if there were never any fires?
No, our warriors want to be there, they trained to be there, they need to be there. And they're willing to take casualties for the privilege.
I know what it was like - I was once an active warrior. I'll forever praise Lyndon Johnson for giving me an opportunity and I'll be the last to deny our current crop of yougsters their dream.

I've got to hand it to you - you've got the idiot routine down to a science.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Bill wrote:

Hmmmm now that was an interesting comeback.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can\'t make them THINK"

He was on a roll. Then his parents made him go to bed.

I think you're right. I haven't heard such brilliant repartee since...since...oh, about the 3rd grade IIANM.
Harry K

I think you're right. I haven't heard such brilliant repartee since...since...oh, about the 3rd grade IIANM.
Harry K =========== Next: cooties
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

that wuz, eh? Hope you didn't hurt yourself with that 'gem'.

There's a lot of Apache and Blackhawks that fly over my land. If one falls, I wonder if I can keep it, :-)