Eastern Tool and Equipment makes them:
http://easterntools.com /
I can't comment on how they compare but I know Honda makes fine equipment.
Mortimer Schnerd, RN mschnerd at carolina.rr.com

You can pretty much divide generators into two groups. If all you need is an emergency power supply and maybe occasionally use it for some other purpose then the cheap ones are fine. If you are looking for one that you can run 8 to 10 hours a day at a job site day in and day out then you need an expensive one. A cheap one will be shot in a few months in that situation. Honda makes generators that you can do that with.
In article

What you talking about is the difference between "Prime Power" Generation and "Standby Power" Genertion, and the ratings and Spec's are very different, between the two....
Bruce in alaska
--
Bruce in alaska
add <path> after <fast> to reply

Figure this, its 700$ 7200w, its cheap and you get what you pay for, now go price a Honda, you are pricing quality.
I can't be sure if there really is an ETQ company, or if they build from other companies parts. What I can be sure, I have one of their smaller two stroke gas mixer generators. 1200 or 1000, can't remember. I really love it. Starts well, and provides power. I used it a year or so ago, when a friend lost power. Ran a huge, ancient furnace with a huge, ancient blower. You can hear it run, but the engine isn't very noisy. You can stand next to it, and converse.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I don't know anything about the one you are looking at, but below is a link to a cheap one that I researched pretty throughly. They anwered their phone (on a sunday morning), have parts list online, seemed very helpful and it was recommended to me by a friend that does nothing but work on generators. They are sold at TSC and make various models. Mine started on the first pull after unpacking it and installing the flame arrestor and adding gas and oil.
http://generalpowerproducts.com /
Hank