Who is it?

You had it right the first time.

I would add polluted

...convoluted? (Probably applies to a deeper thought process than harry is capable of)

Good one.. Indeed, harry has yet to show much beyond the simplistic.
Democracy? You mean some place like Israel?
I'm pleased to live in the USA which is a Constitutional Republic. Which, sadly, is turning more and more into an oligarchy.

I'm with you on that one Harry.
They'll piss away $10M of taxpayer money on a useless project/task so they can generate 50K income for themself.
On Thu, 05 Apr 2012 10:16:47 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Just about any demagogue, from prehistory to today.
But I'm sure you have some ulterior motive that'll become apparent as soon as you reveal the "right" answer to your question.

Exactly.
I hope the OP recognizes (somehow I doubt he will) that the current US right-wing propaganda machine (i.e. think tanks, talk radio, fox news, etc.) is using all of these tactics. I appreciate a good argument from an intelligent conservative, but the above tactics are precisely what tells me something evil is going on in the right wing.

The right does have to keep up with the left, after all.
On 4/5/2012 3:22 PM, Jim Wilkins wrote:

It really bothers me that both sides claim there is no room for compromise...
I was brought up believing politics was the ART of compromise.
Suppose the left wants to outlaw guns. The right wants to observe and defende the Constitution. I think a compromise would be to repeal any laws requiring government permit to carry concealed or openly, in public or government places. A further compromise would be to repeal the GCA 1968, and the NICS check requirement.
It really bothers me that both sides claim there is no room for compromise...
I was brought up believing politics was the ART of compromise.

Did the founding fathers compromise with the British? Did Lincoln compromise with the Confederacy? Did JFK compromise with George Wallace?
Compromise is great when it's possible. Sometimes the differences are so great that it isn't possible.
On 4/6/2012 8:54 AM, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

War of Independence Civil War Race War
Is that all you've got?
I'm the OP, and what the right wing says, makes a lot more sense to me than what the left wing says. The right wing (such as the tea party) says follow the Constitution, spend less, and keep the government within its means. That's a lot different than what the left says. I don't see the tea party using "all of these tactics".
Exactly.
I hope the OP recognizes (somehow I doubt he will) that the current US right-wing propaganda machine (i.e. think tanks, talk radio, fox news, etc.) is using all of these tactics. I appreciate a good argument from an intelligent conservative, but the above tactics are precisely what tells me something evil is going on in the right wing.

    Since 1987, to be exact. PBS: "Ethics in America". Episode "Under Orders, Under Fire". About the ethical dilemmas in combat - both from the perspective of the soldiers involved, and the "journalists" who cover the war. The solders had obviously considered the issues.
    When Mike Wallace was asked about covering a fictional war from the "enemy's" side, as they are about to attack an American unit, he responded "I'm a little bit at a loss to understand why, because you're an American, you would not have covered that story." ... "You don't have a higher duty. No. No. You're a reporter!"
    As one participant observed ... "The military has done a vastly better job of systematically thinking through the ethics of behavior in a violent environment than the journalists have."
That was in 1987. Since then, boys and girls, a lot of people have gotten even more reason to distrust the MSM, and to loath their faux objectivity for the lie it is.
--
pyotr filipivich
Most journalists these days couldn't investigate a missing chocolate cake

================== Sounds like Joseph Goebels, Reichminister for Propaganda and National Enlightenment.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Goebbels
http://www.psywarrior.com/Goebbels.html
--