Who Do I Contact For Coax

Hi I Live in a Apartment and would like to replace all the coax with newer better coax. I run coax through drop ceilings at work and that always aggrivates me to the max, so I can imagine how hard it would be to run through existing walls. Who do I contact to do this job and what would the estimated cost be? I tried the cale company before and they wanted to drill through the outside wall and just wrap it around the building and drill in the wall. BTW I assume the best coax would be RG6 Quad Sheild?

Reply to
super2324us

Electricians, alarm installers, and stereo installers will run coax. Call some for an estimate

Reply to
RBM

why do you want to replace it? call a electrician, to fish the new coax thru the building, most likely you will need the building owners permission in advance in writing

Reply to
hallerb

You live in an apartment? Are you the landlord? If not, I suggest the first person you contact is your landlord. He/She might have something to say about you hiring someone to modify his/her property.

That said, try just about any electrician, alarm company, home audio dealer, etc. All of these trades deal with retrofitt> Hi I Live in a Apartment and would like to replace all the coax with

Reply to
DerbyDad03

With a solid copper core, not copper coated steel. Belden comes to mind BE-7916A COAX RG-6/U Quad Shield NEC CATV CM, Black Solid Copper Conductor

Reply to
Abe

Reply to
buffalobill

First I agree with the others that there are a few questions not answered.

I will only add that normally you would pull the new cable with the old so whatever you do, don't try to help out by removing the old cable.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

just go to partsexpress.com and get yourself some decent RG-6... quad shield isn't really necessary, In my opinion.

Be sure to get plenty extra... if nothing else, you could buy some RCA-type ends and solder together some really nice interconnects for your home theater.

Reply to
kellyj00