Who do I call??? Wet spot in yard

I've got a large area of my yard (approx. 60'x15') that's a big mud puddle. It's about 100 feet from the house. It's at least 120' from, and uphill of my well and septic. My guess is that it's just a spring that popped up.

It's gotten gradually worse over the last couple of years and now it's always wet with trickling water. It used to dry out after a week or so without rain so I could get my tractor through it, but not any longer. Fortunately, it slopes towards the woods.

I was wondering where in the yellow pages I should look to perhaps get a french drain put in. My first instict was to call a civil engineer, but that's cost prohibitive.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Reply to
Artie

Ask a local landscape firm who they use to solve problems like this. Maybe they'll do the whole job...

There could be problems with diverting runoff. Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Put it to good use and make it into a goldfish pond!

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

I'd second the motion on a landscaping firm. Some of the ads in the yellow pages list grading and drainage.

Mike

Reply to
oo Mike oo