Who do I call to install a French Drain

I need a french drain installed into my backyard but don't have the time to do it myself. Anyone know who I should call that could do this for me? I mean what type of business will be able to survey the property, run the ditchwitch, know how deep to go to maintain the proper drain angle and install it for me? How much should I expect to pay for this service? Thanks for any help or suggestions. ..Chris

Reply to
cm500

Ours was planned and installed by a large, multi-service landscaping company. It extends in a "U" all around the back of our house from one side to the other and empties 3/4 the way down our driveway. It corrects a severe grading problem in our backyard that allowed water to pool against the back of the house after a rainstorm. It has worked perfectly for 21 years, except for about two hours during Hurricane Hugo when the gravel-filled trench filled up faster than the drainage pipe could take the water away.

Reply to
Tom Miller

DUH..... Call someone from FRANCE !!!! Or ask someone that cooks FRENCH FRIES at the local fast food restaurant.

Reply to
Who Me?

No, I think they should call you. You're obviously an expert on such matters. ;-)

They OP may not be very clued in, but why not try to be helpful? It doesn't cost anything and who knows -- it may make you feel virtuous.

Rick

Reply to
Java Man (Espressopithecus)