Who do I call? dry well, french drain

Hi everyone, We just recently moved into our first house and the sellers had disclosed that there was some leaking in the basement during heavy rains (which here in Seattle happens frequently). During the inspection the inspector suggested digging some ditches and running the rain water away from the house and into a dry well.

I am thinking about trying to do this myself but also wanted to get a few quotes just to get an idea of what it would cost. My question is whether I call a plumber or a landscaper?

Thanks in advanced. This NG has been a gold mine of information for a noob like me.

-tmo

Reply to
tmo

Start with the county extension office. They are free and there to help. Google French drains. No they are not hard to do. BUT, any digging next to a foundation can be risky. Guessing I would try yellow pages for site contractors, earth moving, general contractors,

Reply to
SQLit

Landscaper built my (exterior) French drain. It's worked perfectly for

24 years.
Reply to
Tom Miller

This was done on an Ask This Old House episode. It's probably on their website.

Reply to
FDR