White stains on painted wood door

Hi, I've recently recoated interior wood doors with a wood stain (oak). After about 3 month started seeing white stains all around the coated areas.
http://webpages.charter.net/danushav/door.jpg
Not sure what I did wrong but seems it should be somehow related to the heating (forced air) being turned on, since I've not seen anything like that beforehand.
Any ideas?
Thanks, Vlad
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes:

Is the door employed as an intern?

Curious--is a "cool mist" impeller type humidifier, or an ultrasonic humidifier in use in the house?
These leave mineral dust around if used with tap water...along with other nasties.
Best Regards, -- Todd H. http://www.toddh.net /
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

What products/process was used to finish these doors? In particular, were the products oil or water based?
I'm also curious what happens if you wipe those white areas with a little mineral spirits? You should probably try this only in a very inconspicuous area.
It looks a little like water/steam damage but that seems improbable unless this pic is from a bathroom/kitchen (or you have a serious moisture problem in your home).
Thanks everyone for replies.
I don't think this is a water damage since the picture is taken at the 2-nd floor room. Moreover I don't see the issue at the basement.
I do use humidifier in bedroom, however I can say I see the stains all over the floor, way beyond the humidified area.
What mineral spirits will be a good try?
Thanks, Vlad