White roofs

Page 2 of 2

Stormin Mormon wrote:

I've seen the study already. My mom insisted on almost white for the new roof, my father bitched and complained that is looks ugly and won't stay any cooler. Sometime later my father was on a porch roof with dark ... what's it called? Rolled roofing? Like a giant shingle on a roll. Anyway he was on the dark part and was getting burnt, he moved the the white shingles and said to me "Don't tell Mom but she sure was right about the white beeing cooler!
OK, a small study but it sure made Dad change his mind.