White plaster like gunk clogging my kitchen drain pipe

It is very similar to the post below. Finally managed to get some of the gunk on a snake and it does not feel greasy at all. It is a hard wad in the pipe cuz snake won't go thru but the stuff we got out was soft and malleable. No odor. Did not feel greasy. I too am extremely cautious about grease in the sink. I wipe everything with a paper towel first. I put in a new garbage disposal today and that changed nothing. HELP.
Alice Boyer wrote:

Pour a little CLR full strength down there and let it sit for several hours , then flush with hot water .
--
Snag

On 9/8/2016 9:24 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

That waxy stuff could be a soap/grease residue. I was wondering if a lye solution would work but if it would do any damage to the garbage disposal.
New disposal is certainly not going to fix a clogged drain too.

Powdered cleansers will leave plaster-like deposits in the drains. So will cleaning paint brushes, rollers, etc in the sink. And of course cleaning plastering tools in the sink will do the same.
replying to Alice Boyer, Bobby wrote: A garbage disposal is not going to clear a gunked up drain. You have to clear it and chemicals probably won't do the job. Best would be a proper snake to ream it. If you don't have the equipment, call a pro.
On Thursday, September 8, 2016 at 9:14:05 PM UTC-4, Alice Boyer wrote:

If capable of replacing the disposal, replace the pipes.
On Friday, September 9, 2016 at 6:19:18 AM UTC-7, Thomas wrote:

I agree with you but he should find out where the gunk came from.