White, no black, is the new stainless

or in home refinishing ala bathtubs

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

why? I can go to most any paint store and have them color match

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

Not durable. You need baked enamel. probaly cost $300 minimum to paint at auto shop.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

My microwave and washer are stainless.

White on the outside.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

You are going to paint your appliances!?

Don.

(e-mail link at home page bottom).

Reply to
Don Wiss

Your car doesn't scratch? I doubt I'd like the fumes from the oven. ;-)

That's it! Zebra striped appliances. "I couldn't decide on black or white..."

Reply to
krw

Well, yeah, but I'd bet the finish on a car is more durable than the finish on a range. A car has a LOT more environmental attacks than a dishwasher.

Reply to
HeyBub

*Very* doubtful, particularly the paint applied in a repair shop.

It's clear that you've never had kids. ;-)

Reply to
krw

Why not?

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

Try the key test.

It reminds me all these people are refinishing coke machines with mostly car paint. Used with hardner, it does get firm, but certainly not like a baked enamel finish, or powder coat. I got enameled pots, but car paint would not cut it.

Greg

Reply to
gregz