White Glass Cooktop Advice

Hi,
I'm interested in a white Fridgidare Electric Glass Cooktop. I was told by a salesman not to by a white on white because it will discolor and turn yellow after a while. However, he said that the speckled white tops are fine. I was told by another sales person that the new white on white tops are fine. I would appreciate anyone sharing their experiences?
Thanks in advance

I have not heard much about the white glass cooktops discoloring although wear and tear might show up more easily as opposed to dark glass models (although I haven't heard many complaints of that either).
Dan O. - Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=Frigidaire+ranges
=~~~~~~
GE and Amana stand behind their product for 5 years against discoloration while Fridgidare and many of the other companies don't mention discoloration in their warranties. The Fridgidare is 316.00 vs. 515.00 for the GE. Humm...

i got the speckled and i dont regret it one bit. hides the little spots i miss when cleaning it <g>
i also figure the top will eventually show some signs of 'wear' and if its just white on white im sure it will be far more obvious.
randy

On Mon, 31 May 2004 19:53:53 GMT, "houseslave"

The white cooktop will easily show any discolorations. A patterned (speckled, marbled, etc) cooktop will look better, especially after a few years.
I bought the frididaire with the black glass cooktop. NEVER AGAIN! It was the biggest mistake I have ever made. It is a bitch to keep clean, and it shows every streak or mark, and it scratches VERY easily which one of the kids found out by trying to make a jiffypop popcorn, it scratched the beejeezus out of the glass top and now it is going to be that way forever.
I seriously want my old stove back and will be most likely shopping soon to replace this one, which is going in the next garage sale.
Radiant tops are a mess, you have to treat them like they are made of eggshells. I need a stove I can work on, not some pretty decoration.
When I wrote to the manufacturer of my problem, they responded that you cannot slide cookware on it, such as shaking pans back and forth during saute or other preparations. You have to set the pan down on the top and NEVER move it. It's a hassle.

I currently have a Kitchen Aid Ceramic Cooktop and would never own any other type of cooktop. I've had Gas, electric coils, etc. I love the glass cooktop. My wife used a scouring pad on the top and removed some of the paint that shows where the pot goes. Other then that it looks good. However, it is black and we wanted white. There are limitation to the glass cooktops but I think it is worth it.
message

RTFM. Jiffypop directions clearly states not to use it on glass top cook surfaces. If they were my kids, I would of beat the living shit out of them.