White "bits" in my hot water

I have got solid white "floaties" in the hot water. I have reasoned it is from the tank liner or the inlet tube into the tank is simply decomposing. It is an electric tank that is 7 yrs old.
Has anyone else had this issue? Can a guy simply replace the inlet tube? The manufacturer, Bradford White in Ontario, doesn't offer any schematics/parts list online.
TIA
Just get a new dip tube, remove the cold water inlet line and take out what's left of the old dip tube. Drop in the new one and reconnect the cold water feed.
RB
Gordo wrote:

Depends on what is causing it. I live in an area where calcium/lime deposits get in water. They get caught up in aerorator(sp?) on faucet - so I have to take it off and wash it in white vinegar.
(When the dip stick thing on the hot water heater dissolved - the particles were gray, like rockey looking,not white.)