Whirpool washer problem

I have a Whirlpool lcr523dq2 type 1301. The washer overflows. It doesn't seem to sense that the tub is full, and the water keeps flowing over the top of the tub into the bottom of the machine. Maybe a switch or something....thanx for any help...

I have a Whirlpool lcr523dq2 type 1301. The washer overflows. It doesn't seem to sense that the tub is full, and the water keeps flowing over the top of the tub into the bottom of the machine. Maybe a switch or something....thanx for any help...

If that is a fairly new one the fill switch is pressure actuated and the hose may just be off

Reply to
gfretwell

I would tend to disagree that the hose came off the pressure switch. I am guessing that your correct model number is LCR5232dq2, which is a "World Washer" portable washer made by Whirlpool. Access to the workings of this type of machine isn't very easy. You take off the 3 or 4 screws along the back that hold the top to the cabinet, about at the level of where the power cord enters the machine. You can then pull up on the back of the top, and slide the top forward to free it from the cabinet. There are a number of electrical and hose connections that reduce the ability to flip up the top and see everything. If you are brave, you can disconnect things if you need more access.

The reason that the hose probably didn't come off the switch is that there are actually 2 hoses: a short one that goes from the switch to the cover that shields the controls, and a long one that goes from the cover to the outer tub. The former probably isn't your problem; check the latter for chafing or breakage, or if it came off the cover, or broke the nipple where it connects to the cover itself. You should be able to see a visible sign of a problem with the hose.

On the other hand, if your washer fills even if you turn the machine off, then you have a problem with the fill valve itself.

Reply to
nospamtodd

There used to be a Whirlpool Cool Line, not as fast as a hotline, but they were great. Never told me I had to call a repairman. Went with me once until it was fixed, and the other time until the machine had to be scrapped. Frozen main bearing, inaccessible, because I didn't use it for months, and it was 20 or 30 years old, but it would have lasted if I had used it more often.

It was staffed by real repairmen, and one woman.

See if that still exists.

Reply to
mm