Whirpool Dryer just quit! HELP!

I've got a Whirlpool Automatic Dryer, model number LGR7646E.

I turned the timer knob thing and pushed it down, then it started drying. I pulled out the lint filter to clean that, and while I was doing that the dryer stopped running. Light still comes on inside when I open the door, but it won't go. Doesn't make any noise or anything.

THe timer knob will move from side to side but does not pop out, seems to be stuck in the "in" position.

Any advice? I realllly need to get this fixed in a hurry. Folks are returning from vacation tonight and are going to have a ton of laundry. Help! Hehehehe

Pls respond here or at curlythest00ge (at) yahoo.com

Reply to
Greg P.

Hi,

That is part of the full model#.

model# helps.

Pulled the lint filter out while the dryer was running....lint -might- fall inside doing the cleaning that way, -might- trip a safety thermal fuse from improper air flow with the filter removed....may be best to clean it before starting the cycle...JMO!

The timer has the push to start?...or on a seperate button?

A copy....

Q - My dryer is dead, what could do that ?

A - Common problems...blown house fuse, broken belt ( broken belt switch on some models )...door switch...*thermal fuse open ( venting needs attention )...broken or burnt wire...timer...start switch ( esp with built in relay )...motor...burnt power cord/plug...

  • If you find a blown thermal fuse, always clean, change, adjust the venting system and vent hood first

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff