WhirlpoolWasher LSC 8244Bw0 Timer

Is it worth spending a the money replacing the timer on this washer? It is 10 years old. I can buy the timer on line for $80.00. If I have a technician do the job, it is $250.00 A new machine wit electronic timer is about $700.00 This washer was junk form day one. Replacedthe motor about 3 years ago. M
only the samurai knows but he tells you for free with his article and chart at: http://fixitnow.com/wp/2004/03/06/appliance-tip-of-the-day-how-long-should-appliances-last /