Whirlpool washing machine spin problem

I have a Whirlpool LA9800XP Solid State Mark Series belt driven washing machine. A few weeks ago the final spin stop working. In spin mode, the engine runs and sounds normal but it does not spin. Power off/on and manually press spin button did not help. Engine runs with no spin still. But if wait for 10 minutes, power on and press spin button, it runs fine again. However the break time is getting longer. Now I have to wait 3~4 hours before the spin mode works again.
Initially I thought it was the lid switch went bad so I removed the switch and connected wires direct to bypass the switch. It was not help. So it's not the lid switch problem. Please advise what could be the problem and what part should I get to replace. Thanks in advance for suggestions! Jack
The first thing I'd think of would be the belt - either worn out, broken, or in need of tension adjustment. It's also the last thing I'd want to check because I assume it's a pain in the neck to get to.

Sorry. Scratch the "broken belt" idea. You said the machine washes, but doesn't spin, right?

No, the belt is good. It seems to be that the electronic component is failing. As I said, it works fine just to let the machine rest for a few hours...cool down. Any other posibilities?
Thanks, Jack

Circuit boards can develop bad solder joints which open (break contact) when temperatures vary, which is why technicians will often spray boards with freezer spray or heat them with a heat gun (small version of a hair dryer, but hotter). This is probably just informative, but not helpful. However, a bad solder joint could also be aggravated by vibration, and there's plenty of that in a washing machine.

Hi,

That is part of the full model#... LA9800XPW0 LA9800XPW1

*Some* common spin trouble mkaers... http://www.applianceaid.com/inglis_how_itworks.html http://www.applianceaid.com/inglis-common.html#spin

Kinda -sounds- like the motor may be overheating and shutting off on it's built in safety device?!!? Any strange buzzzz or noises when the motor does run i nthe spin mode? Drain outs working?