Whirlpool washer repair.

I have a Whirlpool Washing machine that will not let cold water into the drum. I think it is a water distribution valve. There is cold water to the machine. Anyone runt into this problem before?
garymel1 wrote:

Fairly common...but make sure there's not a plugged filter screen at the washer inlet, not just at the faucet end of the hose before start replacing parts...
dpb wrote:

I believe the filter screen is in the screw-on hose ends. I suggest replacing the hoses to fix the problem and avoid a future burst.

On our whirlpool (older machine) the filter sits in the machine, and is easily removed for cleaning. Just turn off the water supply, undo the hose, pull the filter and clean it, then reverse the process. If the filter isn't clogged, that is the time to test other things.
garymel1 wrote:

Two really good appliance websites with lots of info and forums:
www.applianceaid.com www.fixitnow.com