Whirlpool Washer problem on start up

I have a Whirpool washer (top loader) that having an issue with. Each time we do a wash the top door of the washer has to be slammed to get it going. Now it is hit and miss. Any idea what I need to do to help get this resolved. I can provide the exact model when i get home. thanks
Add pictures here
✖

It is probably just the top cover interlock switch. A ran mine for 20 years without that switch it was jumpered out. If everyone in your house is smart enough not to stick their hand in there while it is running you will be OK.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sep 9, 1:10 pm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Thanks, do you know how i can get to it
Add pictures here
✖

Thanks, do you know how i can get to it
--
you have to take the top off to get to it. try looking for your model at
http://www.appliancerepair.net/ to find how to take the top off and you can

http://fixitnow.com/appliantology/wplddcabinet.htm
Add pictures here
✖

I couldn't really get to it (early model direct drive) but the leads going to the timer were easy to reach with the small back cover off behind the controls. I put a wirenut on them and taped it up.
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

That switch is kinda safety feature. You can bypass it as long as one using the washer remembers it is bypassed. In spin cycle openning the lid won't stop the drum now.
Add pictures here
✖