Whirlpool washer not spinning

I have the Whirlpool GSX9885 model, less than 3 yrs old. Suddenly it has stopped spinning the clother. It drains the water out in spin cycle, but will not spin the clothes to get their water out - so come out totally soggy. If I open the lid to see: there is no spin action going on....

Help........

Reply to
sk

sounds like a broken belt. does it agitate? it may not be doing that either...

in any case look under it from behind and see if you can see a broken belt.

randy

Reply to
xrongor

If this was made since the Carter administration it is a bad coupler. The Whirlpools do have a spider coupler disk that goes bad and keeps it from spinning. Are there little bits of plastic on the floor? If so you can get one at any appliance parts place or at Sears. Kenmores were Whirlpool. The guy had them hanging on the wall behind the counter at my Sears parts place so they must be a pretty common fix. The swap out was pretty intuitive. It was only about a 20 minute job. There was some clamp deal that holds the whole thing together Just be sure you unplug it!!!

Reply to
Greg

Hi,

That is part of a full model#....some that I found that where close....GSX9885JQ0 GSX9885JQ1 GSX9885JT0 GSX9885JT1

Is the washer agitating?

*Some* not spinning info for a direct drive style washer....
jeff. Appliance Repair Aid
jeff

In addition to the other suggestions, it might be something as simple as a broken lid safety switch, which stops the spin cycle when the lid is opened. It has no effect on the wash cycle, so if the switch is broken, it will still wash, but not spin dry.

Reply to
Bill Schnakenberg