Whirlpool Washer LSR8233JQO

My washer stops after the wash cycle. It does not drain or spin. Prior to today I was able to manually advance the dial to get it to drain and spin but now it does nothing but run in the was cycle. NO rinse and no spin.
My washer stops after the wash cycle. It does not drain or spin. Prior to today I was able to manually advance the dial to get it to drain and spin but now it does nothing but run in the was cycle. NO rinse and no spin.
texasngirl wrote:

Betcha it's a bad contol-thingy - the gizmo to which the knob attaches. Older ones had a wafer switch to apply power to the motor that turned it. The wafer is dirty or broken.