Whirlpool Washer Knocks On Agitation - Found ? Part

Threaded View
Click Here To Start a New Thread
This washer makes a loud "knock" as it agitates under load. Spin cycle is
fine.
Transmission rotates smoothly by hand.
I pulled the transmission to see if there was a loose part in the
clutch/brake. Everything is virginal.
When I pulled the washer I did find a rubber washer on the floor underneath
that "seems" as if it may have fallen off something but I was unable to see
where. [I don't recall seeing this before.]
It has the number "17" on it and is about 1 inch diameter with as 1/4 inch
hole on the center. It is about 3/4 inch think and shaped a bit like a
mushroom cap.
Seems like something whose absence could account for knocking? But I can't
see this on any parts diagrams.
Anyone know what it is, where it goes?
Thank you.

Re: Whirlpool Washer Knocks On Agitation - Found ? Part
Some of the supply web stores will have illustrated parts breakdowns.  Just go
in like you are trying to buy a part and browse their drawings.  I'd look for a
bolt as well since I'd expect a washer with a hole to have a bolt through it.
Or a nut.

Re: Whirlpool Washer Knocks On Agitation - Found ? Part
Ah.  Its a motor mount grommett.
Easily put back.
Thanks for the ideas.
This is still a very noisey washer.

Re: Whirlpool Washer Knocks On Agitation - Found ? Part
Next time, please include model number and age of machine, you can get
much more detailed answers if you do that.

Threaded View
Click Here To Start a New Thread

Site Timeline