Whirlpool Washer advance problem

I've got a 6 year old top loading Whirlpool washer (Model # LSQ9564JQ0). The problem is the washer stopped advancing through the cycle. The washer will fill and stop. Manually advancing the timer from one step to the next works (it will agitate, drain, rinse, spin). I've got access to a new timer and lid switch, so I've swapped them out. Same problem. I've noticed that the machine fills and the timer 'clicks' and advances - just no agitation. I pulled the case off and checked the drain lines and the pump - no clogs. Any ideas?
Matt
http://fixitnow.com/faq.htm
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Which of these scenarios describes your situation, when you set it to the beginning of a cycle:
A. It will fill to correct level, but it won't start agitating until you advance the timer. B. It will fill to correct level, start agitating, but timer won't advance to rest of cycle.
A. It will fill to correct level, but it won't start agitating until you advance the timer.
There is a little dot on the timer surround. The timer clicks until it hits that dot and then stops (it should be agitating). If I move the timer to that dot, it will start agitating - but the timer doesn't advance.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

This sounds like an exotic problem, and a challenge to any technician. But, I am going to take a guess, that you have a pressure switch problem. When the pressure switch is satisfied after the water fills to a correct level, the internal switch sends power out to the motor or timer for agitation. If that internal switch is broken, it won't agitate. But, when you put your timer to that sweet spot on the dial and getting it to agitate, you are actually bypassing the fill switch, because that spot may be a technician's test point on the dial.
To test my theory, fill the machine until it stops, then test for power in and power out on the pressure switch. You will need to ID the corrct wires by looking at the wiring diagram. One is L1, one is power to the fill valve, and the 3rd wire is the one you want to test for.
This theory explains why it won't agitate through the first part of the cycle, but it doesn't explain why it doesn't advance through spin. Typically, a no-advance problem is almost always timer related.
I think maybe todd has found the problem. If you replace the pressure switch and still have the problem it could be that you have a small hole or slice in the pressure switch hose. I've even run across a unit that was using too much detergent, would oversuds, drain out and when it would go into a rinse suds would get forced into the pressure switch hose and wreak havoc with the pressure switch (although this was an intermittent problem). Another thought is that if the lid switch is just barely making contact you could be making it connect by leaning over or even touching the lid. You should hear a "click" about a half-inch from resting position when you close the lid.