Whirlpool washer

Washer is just over three years old. Started getting oil spots on clothes every once in a while. I took the agitator out and I see a seal around the agitator shaft. Can this be the problem and can it be replaced?

Reply to
rfs1ham

You probably have a direct drive whirlpool washer and the seal under the agitator failed. Water is probably in the transmission and will eventurally lock it up. Mine lasted 5 years with only 2 people using it in the house. Would not buy another. We went with a front loader Maytag that has no transmission.

Reply to
Art