Whirlpool Ultimate Care II

I have a five year old Whirlpool Ultimate Care II that stops agitating mid cycle. I can get it started again by moving the agitator with my hand. When this first started it only took a little nudge to get going again but now you sometimes have to mess with it for quite a while. I was hoping someone here may have experienced this in a Whirlpool before. Thanks for any help.
Hi,
No model# posted.
Something that may help....
http://www.applianceaid.com/direct.html#agitating
Could't find a model No.But if this will help, it's an ultimate care II, 9 wsh cycles and 5 speed combo's.
Could't find a model No.But if this will help, it's an ultimate care II, 9 wsh cycles and 5 speed combo's.
snipped-for-privacy@ffn.com wrote:

Hi,
Nope...these are just marketing names.
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html http://www.appliance411.com/parts/tagsearch.cgi Some model# helps.
Ok, I think this is what you are looking for. LSQ9564JQ1 Also, it stops agitating toward the end but not at the end of the wash cycle right before rinse and it will do the same thing whether it is on "normal" or "delicate"
Hi,

http://tinyurl.com/e9sdg http://www.applianceaid.com/generalwash.html#agitator Some agitator pics and removeal helps.

??
Machine stops running, machine runs but the agitator quits, timer keeps moving?

running ok but the agitator would stop moving, right?!?
I'm sorry that was confusing. No, the machine stops completely. I am posting this for my dad, he says he moves the agitator, closes the lid and it starts again. I was leary of this explanation from the beginning telling him that moving the agitator most likely is not the cause for it to start again. Once again sorry for the confusion.
snipped-for-privacy@ffn.com wrote:

G'day,
So far, I tend to agree.

Some of the WLP washers start out agitating on high speed and change to low speed agitation during the last part of the wash cycle...the timer controls this. For the machine to go dead....no power to the motor ( loose wire, burnt timer contact, lid switch ), motor is over heating and shutting off on it's built in safety device. Pushing the timer knob in or lifting the lid shouldn't effect the motor if it has over heated, the motor will not start again until it has cooled off. Pushing the timer knob in or lifting the lid can certainly help if we have a burnt timer contact that is intermittantly working. Timer cover can be removed to visually check the contacts.... http://www.applianceaid.com/direct.html#burnt_timer
Sooooo farrrrrrrr...I'd suspect a possible timer issue.