Whirlpool Tub Problem

I had a Kohler Devonshire whirlpool tub installed. When used with jets turned on a yellow brown smudge is left on the tub at the water level. I had a filter put on my hot water heater (between the heater and the tub) thinking that there must be impurities coming from the water heater. Now I know there are none from the hot water heater - the problem continues. I had a service tech from Kohler check this out but he could not find the cause of the problem.
snipped-for-privacy@stny.rr.com wrote on 21 Dec 2007 in group alt.home.repair:

I've had that with every jetted tub I've ever used, including a hot tub. I suspect the bubbles bring body oil and dirt to the surface where it deposits on the walls.
Or I could be full of it.
--
Steve B.
New Life Home Improvement
wrote on 21 Dec 2007 in group alt.home.repair:

Could be... What happens when the OP runs the tub WITHOUT anyone actually getting into it?

Some whirlpool baths have issues with residual water laying in the pipes after it has been drained. Consequently mold and bacteria can develop. Perhaps that is what you are seeing since it is only when you use the jets. Another poster mentioned something about disinfectant tablets for whirlpool tubs. Maybe you should look into that.