Whirlpool Refrigerator Compressor Wiring

This is Turtle.

I have been lacking lately on the working in the repair of refrigerators and worked on a few here lately. Things have changed on the compressor with the newer Embargo Compressors with a Common / Start / Run terminals being standard. Now it is Run / Start / Common and like the Japanese and Italians did when they started selling compressors in American years ago and not Brazil. Now Brazil is making compressors ass backwards as they get into the American Market. Also i did not think that Whirlpool would lower their self by putting the Brazilian or Italian junky compressor to start with in their refrigerators and freezers.

1) Is All the Refrigerator Brands using the ass backward standard Common / Start / Run Reading of compressors now ?

2) Is there any other Refrigerator Brands that still use a American Standard of the Common / Start / Run anymore on American Refrigerators ?

3) Is this Ass backwards going to be the Norm ?

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

"TURTLE" wrote

Sir!

My ass is NOT backwards!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Norm

Change ya damn handle back man..LOL...looks too much like Bromide Boy...

Reply to
CBHVAC

This is Turtle.

I have to differ with you here. You Ass is always facing Backwards on you unless your not normal. I hate to say it but your ass is alway backwards and is the Normal unless your not Norm.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

It's Embraco

I've never heard of a "standard". There have been numerous different compressor terminal configurations used on domestic refrigeration compressors since the beginning. Just because some popular compressor brands use a particular configuration doesn't make it a standard.

Embraco compressors were made under license from Danfos. AFAIK Danfos always used the run/start/common terminal configuration. Matsushita have used both common/start/run and run/start/common depending on compressor model.

BTW. Tecumseh domestic refrigeration compressors are made in Brazil and still have the common/start/run terminal configuration. I don't know any OEMs using them at the moment. In the latter years of their use we found they seemed to have a higher than average failure rate.

JFYI

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to
Dan O.

"Dan O." wrote in message news:oQBLc.48178$ snipped-for-privacy@read1.cgocable.net...

This is Turtle.

Well in the Beginning as you say , and i was there working on them , when there was a Standard of compressor configuration of Common Start and Run and there was nobody in their right mine that would change the standard set up by U.S. Manufactors[ This was about 1950 to early 1960's. ] . Then About the 1970's the Japanese and Italians started making compressors for the U.S. to use on their refrigeration needs. They were only on the residentiual refrigerator and freezers that had the ass backwards configuration of the compressors. The service people then burnt more compressor up that carter's got little liver pills and send back more good compressor for warrenty that the refrigerator manufactor could handle. They stopped doing it for a while and in about the early 1990's or late 1980's started back with the ass backwards compressor configuration. Now that I have seen Whirlpool break and start using the ass backward compressor config. of Run Start, Common about 10 years ago. I know the standard is broken for compressor config. . You will see that any compressor that is still made in the U.S. will still have the standard Common , Start, Run config. . Then you will see that any compressor made in the U.S. will still have the standard Common Start, Run configuration on the compressors but now you have about 95% of compressor made in third world countrys where they make up a configuration every morning when they wake up. Now I will say this.

You will not see any of the ass backwards config. on any Window units, Central Systems, Walk-in Coolers, Beer Boxes, or any HVAC equipment sold in the U.S.A. They have the Standard of COMMON / START / RUN ONLY and not ass backwards.

I will say this most all Metric system countrys will have the Ass backwards configuration of Run Start Common. Now this is how I tell Cheaply made and if it is imported into the U.S. if it has the Ass Backwards compressor configuration. Brazil and Italy is the two biggest and cheapest made compressor known to man. The Refrigerator manufactor have all went to the Cheapest piece of Junk that can be made now days when I seen the Embraco Compressors on the Whirlpool refigerators and freezers. The time of Quality has passed on when Whirlpool went to Embraco compressors. Everybody take your hate off and say Good By Quality.

TURTLE

I Spell Cheap this away " Embraco " .

Reply to
TURTLE

TURTLE wrote

I have an old reference book which shows about 20+ compressor terminal configurations used on *domestic* refrigerators (Westinghouse, GE, Philco, Kelvinator, etc.) since the 1950's. There are lots of different configurations and I assume all the compressors were made in the US (probably by the same company that built the fridge - not outsourced).

Maybe if I get a chance I'll scan them and let you see for yourself.

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to
Dan O.

This is Turtle.

Please show me a compressor configuration different from the Common / start / run on any refrigerator made in the 1950's. Now when we started importing compressors and refrigerator from over seas. We started all the odd ball configurations on the compressor.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE