Whirlpool Range

I have a Whirlpool range that I need to replace the wires and connectors that operate the burners. They have gotten cracks etc. from the heat and are no longer reliable. The stove is great otherwise and I don't want to replace the whole thing. Anyone have a reliable site I can go to for schematics and also order the parts?

Thanks in advance...

Mark

Reply to
Mark Corbelli

If somehow the url given you doesn't have what you want, I would just take out one of the burners, and probably its wires (noting how they are connected to the switch), and take the stuff with you and go to an appliance parts store, and tell them it's a wyhitlpool. They'll either have a whirlpool set or "universal" set, probably with connectors attached to wires.

Make sure the connector included sticks well to your burner. Around here there is an appliance repair store that sells parts, but I don't think there selection is anywhere near as big as the real appliance parts store, that has lots of shelves full of stuff and lots of catalogs in addtion.

AFA the schematic goes, it's just 4 times one burner and that one is pretty simple. Even if you have a schematic, you really should pay more attention to how it is wired now. Even though they are the same, the routing of the wires won't be shown on the schematic.

Reply to
mm

Tried Lowes or Home Depot? Or perhaps a local appliance repair shop. Most US brand stoves are fairly standard affairs. I've had good luck finding heating elements, connectors, switches, etc. in the appliance section of a well-stocked hardware store.

Harry

Reply to
Harry Smith

BTW, my alleged friend went to the appliance parts store and bought wire for his oven a year ago. Came in its own vinyl bag it did. No ends on it even and couldn't tell that it was designed for high temps, but I"m sure it was.

If you're in Baltimore, I'll find out the store's name.

Reply to
mm

Thanks guys. The web site provided by you couldn't help me but theu gave me a whirlpool toll free number to call which led to a referral to an authorized parts dealer here in Richmond. They had all the parts I needed in little kits for $8 and no shipping.

Reply to
Mark Corbelli