Whirlpool Opens New Factory in USA

"We are proud to have more U.S. manufacturing employees than all of our major competitors combined and today's ceremony further signifies Whirlpool Corporation's confidence in the Cleveland, Tennessee workforce and in U.S. manufacturing in general," said Jeff Fettig, chairman and chief executive officer for Whirlpool Corporation. "The advanced production here supports the growth of our premium cooking products business, which includes some of the most innovative ranges, ovens and cooktops offered in the marketplace."

"I want to congratulate all the people at Whirlpool on 100 years of making things here in America. Today, CEOs both in the U.S. and abroad are seeing places like Cleveland, Tennessee, and they're saying 'That's where I want my next factory to go,'" said U.S. Commerce Secretary John Bryson. "They see our R&D, our supply chains, the quality of our products, and our talented workforce. There is simply no comparison. American competitiveness and American innovation are full speed ahead."

Reply to
John Smith