Whirlpool Microwave not working: fix or replace?

It's a special deal for homemoanershub posters.
Jon
Best reply I've seen in ages.
Thanks, I needed the laugh. . Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus www.lds.org .
On 8/27/2013 12:29 PM, Jon Danniken wrote:

On 8/27/2013 11:29 AM, Jon Danniken wrote:

So you approve of toasting those posters? ^_^
TDD
On Monday, August 26, 2013 10:44:01 AM UTC-7, Clark W Griswold wrote:

Serial number but no model number?
Generally if repair costs half as much as a new microwave, get a new microwave.
I'd first try turning off the oven by either unplugging it or turning off the circuit breaker for its circuit, but don't expect anything.
Here's a message thread about some Whirlpool Accuwave ovens:
http://appliancejunk.com/forums/index.php?topic 79.0
Does the F7 error message also mention something about an "SMPS"? If so, that's a power supply problem (SMPS = Switching Mode Power Supply), meaning you'll probably need a new inverter board. Don't replace it yourself unless you know how to kill yourself with electricity because that board connects directly to the high voltage capacitor, which can hold something like 2,000 - 4,000 volts, even when the oven is turned off and unplugged from the AC. You may want to ask the repair co. roughly what such a repair will cost, but be sure to state that you're not sure that the inverter is bad. Also a bad magnatron, high voltage diode, or high voltage capacitor can ruin the inverter.
Clark W Griswold wrote:

One place that I often check out regarding appliance repairs is: http://repairclinic.com .
Click on "Repair Help" in the top left hand corner of the page.
Or click here and see if they have any information that helps: http://www.repairclinic.com/vwo1/RepairHelp/Microwave-Repair-Help .
I also look up parts through their website and either buy from them or buy locally a appliance parts places such as "All Brand Appliance Parts" which is located near me.