Whirlpool LBR4132HQ0 washer - noise after spinning cycle stops

Hi,

I've got a LBR4132HQO Whirlpool washer thats about 5-6 years old. I'm pretty handy at repairing things, but am quite ignorant regarding washers. But here goes....

The filling, washing, draining and spinning cycles appear to be working fine. When the spin cycle stops (i.e. clutch disengages), the washer makes a banging/klunking noise until the drum stops spinning. I havent noticed anything obvious, but haven't went much further than taking the panel off.

Any ideas would be great. Thanks.

Reply to
pdstuckey

Rebalance the load and try the spin cycle again.

Reply to
p4o2

I've tried that. This noise happens 99% of the time with both small or large loads. The noise does not occur during the spin cycle itself, only after its finished, when the drum is slowing down.

Reply to
pdstuckey

OK, I guess it will also do it MT? Strange! Ballanced while up to speed but not while slowng down.

Reply to
p4o2

If MT refers to empty (my ignorance) - I'm not sure if I tried that. But it does make the noise when washing only 2 medium size towels.

Reply to
pdstuckey

Sorry, MT is a way we marked empty containers. If you Google LBR4132HQ0 you can look at diagrams of the parts of the washer. One, has a brake assembly that may be the problem. If you shake the empty tub you may hear broken parts rattle?

Reply to
p4o2

I haven't noticed any noises when I shake the MT tub. I'll check again when I go home.

Just thought of this comparison. You mentioned above about being balanced up to speed but not when slowing down. I don't know if it's a balance problem. The sound is very similar to the sound one would get if you stuck a hockey card or piece of plastic in the spokes of a bike and then rode the bike, except louder.

Reply to
pdstuckey