Whirlpool/Kenmore front loader

I posted a fix last week on noisy Kenmore HE3T front loader made by Whirlpool. The brace was out of position and wasn't against the pad on the wall. That was fixed and a brace was added but fell out during first laundry making the machine ultra noisy. The braces in question are on top of pads on the 2 sides of the machine. Still was getting some vibration so technician decided to order another brace for other side, 2 springs and 4 shocks.

Went to replace springs and physically he could not even with my help. Gave up on that. Went to replace 4 shocks at bottom of machine. 2 are replacable from front and 2 others require removal of back panel. Discovered factory had installed one shock upside down compared to 3 others. Not sure if that would be a factor but replaced all 4 and mounted them all in same direction. Ran machine and vibration seemed to be improved. Won't be sure until it is full of laundry. All removed shocks seemed to be ok so if that fixed it then the problem was the upside down shock. Removed added brace so final fix was all new shocks pointed in same direction (but old seem ok) and getting brace under pad correctly.

Reply to
Art Begun

G'day,

WOW!! :(

jeff.

APpliance Repair Aid

jeff

To continue the saga, the washer still vibrates excessively and the cabinet's left wall visibly moves in and out and sounds like thunder at fastest spin. I installed a second layer of 3/4" plywood (so now there are 2 sheets separating the machine from the floor) with no improvement. Tomorrow I call Sears and tell them to replace the machine.

during

question

panel.

seemed

Reply to
Art Begun

Sears immediately offered to replace the HE3T washer however being the curious one I suggested that if they had a super-ace mechanic they should let him take one more shot.

He came out today. He was clearly bright guy with many years in and owned the same machine. Initially he thought it was me and I was too sensitive to normal vibration from the machine. However then he turned it on.

He spotted at least 3 things wrong with the machine but wasn't exactly sure which were symptoms and which were defects. The pump had a vibration to it. The base was out of wack.... possibly damaged during transporting, and the side brace was still in wrong.

He declared that it was time to replace the machine and bring that one in to the shop for repair.

One recommendation is that the delivery people tend to screw the leveler legs half way up. Don't do it. Keep them low unless you know you have a leveling problem.

getting

problem

Reply to
Art Begun