Whirlpool ice maker leaks

The ice maker in my Whirlpool refrigerator (ED25PQXFW01) sometimes leaks. It either forms a small icicle at the front of the unit or forms an iceberg in the ice tray in the same spot. That is, it doesn't always leak, nor does it leak at the same rate.
Any ideas?
TIA,
-> Don In preparing for battle, I have found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable - Dwight D. Eisenhower
You didn't give us an idea as to how old the unit is. Ours needs to be replaced every 5-6 years from use and just plain corroding through. When ours leaks we just replace it.

Sorry - it's nine years old.
-> Don Wisdom begins in wonder. - Socrates

Don,
First check the temperature in the freezer. Get a refrigerator thermometer and leave it in the freezer. Check the therm. once a day, the temperature should be at or below zero.
If the temperature is ok, then it could either be a bad valve (icemaker solenoid not closing the valve all the way) or the icemaker itself (module problem). Since this doesn't happen all the time, I'd have to say the icemaker is a more likely cause.
Click for breakdown diagrams for your model: http://www.appliancepartspros.com/partsearch/model.aspx?diagram_idX908&&model_id%0664
APP forum admin http://forum.appliancepartspros.com

You didn't properly describe the problem. Did you mean to say that your ice trays overfill? If you don't know then do some investigation/troubleshooting.