Whirlpool gets an attaboy from me

My sister bought a Whirlpool dryer last year on 12/05. It quit this year 12/20. Heating element went out.

I figured she was stuck. Right? I had always heard that companies try to make appliances that quit the day after the warranty. Having to buy new ones keeps them in business, right?

This one was close. So close, however, I decided to call Whirlpool and ask would they fix it in the interest of customer satisfaction. They are going to fix it under the warranty.

If they had not fixed it I would be whining here. I guess I can also thank them here.

Reply to
Terry

Great to hear. When we build, in the coming years, I'll remember your post about their products and customer satisfaction. What I would also encourage you to do is copy your newsgroup post and maybe some responses and email them to Whirlpool to let them know that good quality customer service gets good word of mouth recommendations and in around about way says thank you in a more tangable way.

Reply to
Gary KW4Z

Nice to hear others like Whirlpool products. Since I got involved with Habitat For Humanity, I learned Whirlpool is very generious to the new home owners, and their product's reliablity keeps people from incurring a big repair bills a few years later on.

Good stuff...

tom @

Tom The Great

I've been very happy with my Whirlpool Duet washer/dryer set.

Reply to
Goomba38

Those jokers get a house for free -- they can at least they can pay for some appliances in the future. I wish I got a house for free. I wouldnt worry about appliances five years from now. But wait I WORK for a living so I have to pay mortgage AND appliances. It's wrong to give people stuff if they havent worked for it. They dont appreciate it and dont learn from it!!

Tom The Great wrote:

Reply to
bigjim

That isn't quite how Habitat for Humanity works. You could always research them further and get the true picture.

Reply to
Goomba38

In keeping with the original topic I don't think the original poster was talking about his sister getting a home from Habitat for Humanity but rather another person coming in and saying that Whirlpool also gives to Habitat for Humanity.

Reply to
Gary KW4Z

  1. They don't get the house for free. a. They have to invest hundreds of personal hours before even qualfifying for the program. Training, hands on work, etc. b. They get the house at a fair price, which means home and applicances have to be paid for by the home owners one way or an other. c. They have strict deed and morgage restrictions. So the house isn't 100% theirs till it's paid off.
  2. I am not a HFH rep, so go and find out the exact details..
  3. They have to be sponsored by community members, so others help pay for their homes through hard work.

Speaking of Learning, go get some. ;)

Reply to
xxx

Good for them.

BUT electric dryer "heating elements" tend to last a LONG time. I suspect there were a bunch of defective elements shipped and you are benefiting from a "secret warranty extension."

In a slightly better world you would have been told about this BEFORE the failure so that you would not worry about the repair bill.

Reply to
John Gilmer