Whirlpool Fridge Timer is Noisy

Hi,
I have a Whirlpool WRN28R refridgerator. I have had it for 6 years and has run very quietly in all that time. In the past two weeks I have noticed a very loud ticking noise coming fom my fridge when motor starts up and keeps going until the motor shuts off. The fridge is still cooling and and working in every way but for this very loud ticking noise which is quite frequent. Is the timer damaged in any way and should I get it replaced?
Claire wrote:

and
way
Hi,
Model# appears too short and that combination will not come up for me :( The only reliable source for the model# is on the model/serial tag. http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html Some model# helps.
If that ticking noise is comming from the defrost timer, for sure it is time to change the defrost timer.