Whirlpool Fridge lock up during an apparent power glitch

Page 4 of 4
Is it possible the power glitch was very short, just long enough that the c ompressor stopped, and then power came back on while there was still compre ssed Freon between the compressor and the expansion valve, and the unit tur ned off to avoid having the compressor try to start against the existing ba ck pressure?
On Sunday, April 17, 2016 at 6:37:17 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

ressed Freon between the compressor and the expansion valve, and the unit t urned off to avoid having the compressor try to start against the existing back pressure?
That would explain a 10 min delay in starting, not a permanent one.

Wow. I would try to recreate that issue by putting the unit on a power strip and varying the times you leave it off for. If you CAN reliably recreate it, I think you have legal recourse in terms of an implied warranty and it being unfit when compared to the industry standard.
And you have damages and outright denial on top of it. The rude treatment in my experience often comes when a company thinks it has potential exposure. Egghead denied they had been hacked for quite a while before they fessed up (and went out of business).
Control software written in house is usually pretty sloppy as is evidenced by how easily hackers get into things like car and even aircraft computer systems.
You probably have the makings of a national news item on your hands. (-: Ask not for whom the bell tolls . . .
--
Bobby G.