Whirlpool Duet - leak through tear in front gasket

Yesterday my duet washing machine started leaking. I took the back panel off and everything looked pristine and bone dry. It was then that I felt around the notorious space between the tub and large rubber gasket and found a tear beneath the lip near the flange. I've really not had too much of a problem with clothes being torn because of this gap, but somehow it was torn, and this tear was leaking water which luckily poured straight through the bottom to the floor.
I'm calling Whirlpool tomorrow. It's 3 months past the basic warranty - I can only hope this is somehow covered in the 2-10 outer tub warranty. I also cannot find a mention of this gasket in replacement parts on the Internet. I would suspect that this piece would be the first to go under normal wear. I'm dumbfounded by the lack of information on the net about this issue.
I can only hope that this can be done fast and cheap, but history has made a cynic of me.
Any other problems like this?
- Jerry
Hi,

Good luck with the warranty, hope something will be covered for you!
I found a Front bellows seal.... http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&N9351

If you have to install this yourself, a repair manaul may help...
Whirlpool - Kenmore Duet/HE3t Washer Repair Manual http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&N25824