Whirlpool dryer - where the heck is the door switch? I've looked and looked....

Ok, I feel like a bonehead but I can't see where the door switch is on my dryer. My son slammed the door a few times today and it stopped working. Thanks son. The model number is LG7801XSN1. I've looked online and most Whirlpool dryers have an obvious button or switch that can be removed. But the entire door and the side of the dryer appears perfectly smooth and I don't see one. I also removed the lower front panel so I could look at the hinges with a mirror in case it's up there. But I don't see it. The only other place I can see is the center clip that holds the door closed. But that would require wires going into the door itself which I don't see. HELP!

Thank you in advance! I'm going crazy here....

Reply to
jehuie

Go to www3.sears.com, and type in your model number. Confirm your dryer, then select 'View Diagram' for the 'Cabinet" setction. Your switch is parts

9 and 10. From that diagram it doesn't look like it should be hard to find, but...

-Tim

Reply to
Tim Fischer

Hi,

Inside the front panal. near the top...all you will see on the outside is the metal trip arm from the door switch bracket.

dryer door/washer lid switch kit, 3-wire, with hardware

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid