Whirlpool Dishwasher Programmer Not Progressing

Hi all,
I have had a Whirlpool Generation 2000 for 5 years. Recently the programmer started to stick at rinse. Also it does not appear to be heating even when turned on manually. I have had a local engineer "fix" it 3 times but the problem still comes back after a few weeks. Does anyone know how to fix the problem?
Thanks in anticipation...
Spider_crk
spider snipped-for-privacy@go4.it (Spider_crk) wrote in message
Hi,

Model#? http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html Some model# helps.

Timer?
UK style d/w?
Hi Jeff,
Its a UK Whrlpool Generation 2000 ADG 720 AV/2 AS1
Hope you can help pont me in the right direction ...
Spider_crk
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (jeff) wrote in message

spider snipped-for-privacy@go4.it (Spider_crk) wrote in message

Hi,
Sorry, not familier with the UK style appliances, one of the links from below may find someone that can help.... http://www.applianceaid.com/UK_appliance_links.html

Hi again,
If it helps, I have read in another post that in similar situations it may be the thermal cutout which needs reset perhaps due to a faulty thermostat (this could be what the engineer is doing when he visits but not finding the cause of the cutout operating).
Does anyone know what the thermal cutout looks like (the post said a long screwdriver was necessary) and how it is reset. Any help appreciated as the dishes are piling up.
Spider_crk