Whirlpool direct drive repair

What's it cost to have the man come out, and replace a direct drive coupler on a Whirlpool washer? . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

$100 plus the part. It takes about 5 minutes. Remove the clips, drop the motor, swap the coupler (usually just the rod kit) and put the motor back.

Reply to
gfretwell

$100 plus the part. It takes about 5 minutes. Remove the clips, drop the motor, swap the coupler (usually just the rod kit) and put the motor back.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

This page says $171.

$100 plus the part. It takes about 5 minutes. Remove the clips, drop the motor, swap the coupler (usually just the rod kit) and put the motor back.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

street. Finally occurs to me, that I have no clue what anyone else charges. Your price quote sounds right.

It depends a lot on where you live. In one of those mobbed up union states $200 just to start their truck wouldn't shock me.

Reply to
gfretwell

It depends a lot on where you live. In one of those mobbed up union states $200 just to start their truck wouldn't shock me.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

If anyone in here wants instructions on how to do this repair, the owner of this web site:

'Appliance Repair and Parts Help, New Purchase Info | Appliance Aid'

is an appliance repair technician, and I've known him for over 20 years.

I'm pretty sure he has instructions on how to do it here:

'Direct Drive Washer Access Procedures | Appliance Aid'

Jeff is another Canadian, eh. And, considering there's only about 30 million of us, we all pretty well know each other.

Reply to
nestork

Perhaps you could have "the woman" come out to repair your washer. I've read that a woman generally is paid around 20 or 30% less than a man.

Reply to
Larry W

If anyone in here wants instructions on how to do this repair, the owner of this web site:

'Appliance Repair and Parts Help, New Purchase Info | Appliance Aid'

is an appliance repair technician, and I've known him for over 20 years.

I'm pretty sure he has instructions on how to do it here:

'Direct Drive Washer Access Procedures | Appliance Aid'

Jeff is another Canadian, eh. And, considering there's only about 30 million of us, we all pretty well know each other.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Our local appliance shop is $110 for the first hour.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

If Jesus won't tell you, you might have to call the repairman or appliance store and ask...

Reply to
John Weiss

Our local appliance shop is $110 for the first hour.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

If Jesus won't tell you, you might have to call the repairman or appliance store and ask...

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

If I have remembered correctly, you are by trade a locksmith, not an appliance repairman. And you are considering charging your *neighbor* across the street commercial repairman labor charges (which probably include travel time) to do a job that somebody else here has said takes only 5 minutes? Hmmmm!?

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

Perce

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Mormons don't believe in the omniscience of God?

Storm> Jesus was a carpenter, not a washing machine repairman. He's not > likely to know. .

Reply to
John Weiss

ld you like some more detail, or shall we leave it at that?

pe$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me...

I'd have no problem charging a neighbor the going rate in the area for a one hour service call, regardless of the travel time. I'd bet very few appliance repair services charge less because you're a block away instead of 15 mins. Charging $100 plus the cost of the part seems reasonable to me. If it were a friend, that's a different story. But a neighbor? If they don't like the $100 price, let them call an appliance servie company and find out what it costs.....

Reply to
trader4

I guess we have a different relationship with our neighbors. I will do just about anything I can to help a neighbor and expect nothing more than "thanks" or maybe a dinner. That came back to me this week when I had to pull my well. I ended up with more help than I needed and I got to use my neighbor's water until we got it fixed.

We have the same relationship with the boats. We come get each other when someone breaks down. It saves a lot of money you would pay tow pirates

Reply to
gfretwell

It really does come down to your relationship with your neighbors and your profession. You can't expect free labor from a neighbor if that's his business. I'd never ask and would probably hire someone else (friends are more valuable than a few bucks).

Reply to
krw

Reply to
Stormin Mormon