Whirlpool Calypso - C1 error code

In the final spin cycle my washer stops with a C1 code. I yanked the message (below) from another newsgroup post. This happens on small loads so I know it's not being overloaded. If it is a motor problem is it an easy/wrthwhile repair? I won't pay to fix this thing unless I can do it myself -- I have had nothing but problems with it. Thanks.

--- MESSAGE --- "C1 = Average current limit Or Instantaneous current limit.

If a status signal comes back from the motor controller that a current limit has been breached, the unit will return to standby mode and display either CA for average current limit trip or Cl for instantaneous current limit trip.

Average current trip occurs if there is a 2 second average of current draw greater than 5.55 amps at the motor windings.

Instantaneous current trip occurs if there is a spike of 26 amps instantly at the motor windings.

This may signify problems with the drive motor, thermal protector, or motor controller. Over-loading the unit may cause this problem. "

Reply to
timnels