Whirlpool batn cleaning

The Jacuzzi recommended product Systems Clean costs $4.00/cleaning. It is a 2-step process using a different powdered cleaner at each step There is another product, Sani-Bath, that costs about $1.40 per cleaning. It is a one-step process using a liquid.
Has anyone here tried the Sani-Bath product?
TIA
Ed
jag_manR__EM*-0_V_E653 @hotmail.com says...

Nope. I've used a product called "Whirlout" that is designed for cleaning whirlpool baths, but it's hard to locate. I checked with a couple of plumbing supply houses, and the product that they recommend is powdered dishwasher detergent and liquid bleach. Both are readily available, cheap and work quite well.
Bleach and dishwasher detergent is the recommended way to clean tubs from Kohler. I would suspect that the method works fine for any brand of whirlpool tub. Info:
http://www.us.kohler.com/tech/careandcleaning/specialconsideration.jsp
Thanks. I wonder if the Kohler whirlpool baths are like the Jacuzzi, i.e., made out of the resin coated fiberglass stuff.
Ed