Whining kitchen faucet when using sprayer

My kitchen sink whines whenever I use the hose sprayer. It seems to only happen when hot water is used. I have a lever type faucet, and the sound seems to be coming from the faucet it's self. Any ideas on whats wrong/how to fix it?

Reply to
Matt

replace faucet washers and diverter valve part.

first move hose around while spraying does noise change? noise is sometimes from interior of hose vibrating, hoses detoriate over time.

moving hose with hot water spraying should help rule this out

Reply to
hallerb

I had a similar problem a few years ago and it turned out to be a swollen gasket at the place where the spray head attached to the hose. The hole in the center of the gasket had closed down so much that the restriction prevented enough flow to fully toggle the diverter valve.

I went through changing the diverter valve before I figured out it was just that damn gasket, enlarged its center hole a bit and things got good again fast.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Oh! would you puleeze stop pushing that lever?

That water's too h o t!

A dopeslap to the back of the head usually helps. %->

Reply to
Steve IA

I happen to know that your wife has been sleeping with your neighbor every time you leave the house and you're complaining about a whining faucet?

Geez.

Reply to
DK