which wood stove

Will be retiring soon and am planning bo build small highly injsulated house in south ga. had considered coal but seems price has gone up 50% in 2 years.
will be living on 60 acres mostly wooded land so I am now looking at wood stove. Wish good quality and good efficency. Want clean buring, mechanical thermostat etc.
Would someone point me to good info urls and does anyone have personal experience with a product.
Thanks Stan
Pellet stove? Take up woodworking and get a briquetter(or bricketter/pelletizer)? Make your own fuel. Google away, man. Tom
<uriah> wrote in message

My experience is with a Vermont Castings stove and it has been great.
My other experience is hauling wood to feed it. If you are about the typical retirement age of 62 - 65, consider the labor involved. If your health is good, it may keep it healthy for many more years. If you are getting the aches and pains that often debilitate, think about the work involved cutting, hauling, stacking, etc.
Get a combination wood/coal stove which accounts for the retirement aging. The European models are light years ahead of namerican. Goto www.woodheat.org

Sophisticated controls and electronics are almost exclusively associated with pellet-stoves, making them initially expensive. Pellets are now used for fuel all over Europe and North America. They're made from sawdust and mill-scrap, which is not limitless- so you'd best order fuel in spring. They are very efficient, and do not require a chimney in general. Even with your woodlot, one of these would be useful for when you need heat and the other stove(s) have gone cold, in the wee hours.
IOW, more than one stove could be best for you, for above, and ability to zone the heating. All legally-sold stoves in the USA are now EPA-particulate-compliant. Clean, efficient. Overall efficiency is boosted, per tests, about 20-25% by uninsulated smokepipe of at least 6'. Swedes and Danes (Jotul/Morso/Rais etc.) make very nice conventional non-catalyst stoves, among others, with _wide_ range of outputs & prices.
DAGS on this, and pack a lunch following up. Enough urls to almost make you hurl.
Have found lots of info on net. Pellet stoves seem much more convient than wood but I have 60 acres of mixed trees oak and pine. some stoves burn corn and also pellets. I will have chain saw, tractor, and plan to buy a splitter. I was wondering if anyone knew of a stove that would burn wood chips like a pellet stove? then I chould just get a chipper and not have to buy fuel.