Which tile grout for tiled basement floor?

My brother and I installed 20X20 porcelain tile in my mother's basement. We tiled over the cement basement floor and now have to put in the grout and seal the grout. I liked the large tile size but getting adjacent tiles lying flat was a struggle.

My mother's home is in central Minnesota near one of our 10,000 lakes and the basement gets humid in the summer. We have a dehumidifier running to help remove the humidity. We need a grout that can handle this situation.

I have read a few posts recommending epoxy grouts. Would they be a good choice for our situation? Which grouts have a good reputation and do I need to go to a floor supplier to acquire a better product?

I am also looking for a grout sealer that would be best for the conditions I have stated above.

Your opinions and recommendations are welcome.

TIA, Terry

Reply to
seversont

I have some 16X20, but not in a basement. Single story home and I love the tile.

I will pass this on; since I have used the product. It touts a 15 year seal for grout, but some folks have been sent to a hospital. IIRC some died. (STAND 'N SEAL).

Not something to have MOM or others waking around. I have to look, but propane is an ingredient. MSDS?

-- Oren

Oren