Which side of toilet for paper holder?

I saw a posting somewhere (maybe here) where the poster was concerned that the toilet paper holder would be on the left side of the seated person. Th e poster was concerned about right-handed persons using a toilet paper hold er on the left side of the seated person.

My wife and I are both right-handed and our 3 bathrooms all have paper hold ers on the left side of the seated person. We have never had a problem, in fact I don't think we ever even thought about it until I read the above-me ntioned posting.

Any polite comments??

Reply to
hrhofmann

You posted here and want polite?

We have one of each. I prefer the wall mounted on the left as it is easier to reach. The right mounted one is on the vanity and sits back a bit too far. The guy that mounted it did not want to drill the ceramic tile, but we did in the other bathroom.

I don't have any preference to side bit I prefer it to be just ahead of the toilet.

I found this and agree. Height Placement According to the NKBA, a wall-mounted toilet paper holder works best if installed 26 inches above the floor, on center. "On center" means that the center of the holder, as opposed to the bottom or top of it, is 26 inches above the floor. This installation height works well with standard as well as comfort height, or handicapped, toilets. Distance From Toilet The other important measurement is that it should be placed eight to 12 inches, on center, from the toilet to the facing wall. Measure from the very front of the toilet bowl. To optimize this measurement, consider the average height of household members and place it eight to 10 inches from the front of the bowl for shorter users and households with kids; place it 10 to 12 inches in front of the bowl for households consisting of taller members.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Notwithstanding religious proscriptions against using the right hand at all, it's easier to reach for the TP on the left if right-handed, because if the roll is on the same side as the hand reaching for it, the elbow may be constrained by the wall.

That being said, if you want a *real* argument, ask if the paper should come over the top or from behind.

Reply to
Mike Duffy

When it comes time to do the paperwork, I really dont care where it's located as long as there is paper on the roll. Public restrooms have it on either side, and some places just sit the roll on the tank top. As long as there is paper, I'm satisfied!

/) (\ .-._((,~~.))_.-, `-. @ @ ,-' / ,o--o. \ ( ( .__. ) ) ) `----' ( / \ / \ / \

PAINTED COW

Reply to
Paintedcow

No argument at all Mike, numerous scientific studies have proven that the only way to hang the roll is with the sheets dropping down the front of the roll.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Is it that hard to cross your hands? :)

Reply to
Mr. Man-wai Chang

paper holders on the left side of the seated person. We have never had a problem, in fact I don't think we ever even thought about it until I read the above-mentioned posting.

Generally when I reach for it, it's in the other room....

Reply to
Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney

Put it on the same side of the bathroom as the toilet for maximum results.

Reply to
Seymore4Head

Seymore4Head posted for all of us...

Is there corn cob holders being installed?

Reply to
Tekkie®

Then grab the toilet paper only when you need to enter the toilet. This is actually a good thing as the toilet paper can stay clean away from the germs and pollutants inside toilets.

Some public toilets in Hong Kong is designed that way. :)

Reply to
Mr. Man-wai Chang